|Sadly, your cart is empty|
- New Products
- Lighted Caps & More
- Apparel & Accessories
- Bird Kites
- Golf Balls, Etc.
- Earbuds & Audio
- Gadgets & Novelties
- Switchables Night Lights
- Other Night Lights
- Bikes & Cars
- Puzzles & Models
- Games & Toys
- Clocks & Watches
- Home Decor
- Kitchen & Grill
- Garden & Outdoors
- Office & Workplace
- Party Time
- Odds & Ends
- Recycled & Eco-Friendly
- Holidays & Seasons
- The Mayor's Choice
- Giftwrap Choices
Panther Vision 4-LED Powercap
The Power to See in the Dark
Do you need more caps than we have in stock? If you are buying a dozen or more, we can have them sent directly from the manufacturer to you. Use our Contact form to ask about immediate delivery.
Panther Vision's 4-LED Powercap is the fourth major refinement since the company invented lighted caps in 2002. Power Caps use premium ultra-bright LEDs that produce a true white light without the bluish tinge that you see in the cheaper commodity-grade LEDs that other companies use. These top-quality Powercaps are ideal for color-coded tasks and art projects.
- Why Panther Vision caps are the best
- About the Colors
- Structured or Unstructured?
- 2-Way or 4-Way Switch?
- Extra batteries
- International shipping restriction
- About volume pricing
- Cleaning your power cap
- Why Curio City?
- Twice as bright as any other lighted cap on the market. These are the top of Panther Vision's lineup, not the inferior 2- or 3-LED caps that you'll see at bargain prices elsewhere. Please note, however, that Panther constantly updates their designs and their branding; caps that you buy today won't look quite the same as caps that you bought years ago.
- All four ultra-bright LEDs are concealed under the brim and rated for 100,000 hours of bulb use -- that's almost 12 years!
- Two lights are angled downward to focus on your hands and feet without glare;
- Two lights are angled forward for distance lighting.
- Two lights are angled downward to focus on your hands and feet without glare;
- Comes with four replaceable CR-2032 lithium coin cell batteries for up to 30 hours of continuous use (or 50 hours of more realistic intermittent use). The battery compartment is concealed in the headband. Replacement batteries are available in any drug or hardware store...or you can get them from us at a great price.
- In 2012, Panther Vision introduced a simple 2-position on/off switch to save you some extra clicks. In 2013 they changed their minds and went back to the original 4-position switch (high beams, low beams, all four beams, off) on some caps. Now their lineup is a confusing mix of 2-position and 4-position switches. We sort that out for you below.
- One size fit most heads with a Velcro adjustment strap (not designed for small children).
- The lightweight six-panel cap is high-quality 100% brushed and washed 16x12 cotton twill with piping in the bill. It has a top button and six sewn eyelets. A color-coordinated sweat band has a foam sandwich layer for added comfort. The Panther Vision logo is sewn, unobtrusively in matching thread, into the bottom of the bill. The blank front of the cap can easily accept any embroidered logo you want to add (Curio City does not embroider or imprint, but you can easily find that service locally).
- Every cap comes with a limited lifetime warranty from Panther Vision. If your cap ever fails due to a defect in workmanship, return it to the manufacturer for replacement.
The high beams deliver bright illumination out to at least 15 feet (4.5 m) and are visible up to a mile away (1.2 km). Panther Vision lighted caps are indispensible for:
- walking (and dog-walking)
- outdoor recreation and games
- home repair and improvement
- car repair
- electrical and plumbing work
- hunting and fishing
- delivery people
- cable installers
- building inspectors
- public safety officials
- utility workers
- service uniforms
...and any other low-light activity where you want both hands free.
Which is better? It's purely a matter of personal preference. Both types can be embroidered or imprinted (sorry, but Curio City does not offer embroidering). We don't provide separate photos of structured and unstructured caps because they look the same while being worn.
Structured LED hats have buckram batting sewn into the two front panels to give the hat stiffness and shape. It makes the hat stand up slightly away from your head, and gives a more formal look. Some customers insist that structured caps are larger, although Panther Vision says that they are all the same size.
Unstructured lighted caps are soft and formless ("relaxed fit"). People with small heads (including women and children) usually find that unstructured caps fit more comfortably. They conform to your head, rather than perching atop it.
Once upon a time, lighted caps had only two LEDs and a simple on/off switch. When Panther Vision created the 4-LED cap, they added a 4-way switch to control the high beams and low beams separately. When they noticed that most owners always use all of the lights, they went back to the old 2-way switch to save you some extra clicking and prolong the life of the switch. But many people preferred the separate controls, so Panther went back to the 4-way switch. After selling both versions for a while, the 4-ways finally won out and 2-way caps are now on sale.
A 2-way switch is a simple on/off switch that controls all four LEDs. Click it once to turn them on and again to turn them off. The following caps currently have the 2-way switch:
- High-Visibility Yellow
- Khaki Unstructured
- Khaki Structured
- Stone with Black Trim
A 4-way switch has separate controls for the high beams and low beams. Click once to turn on just the high beams, click again to turn on just the low beams, click a third time for all four lights, and click again to turn them off. These caps currently have the 4-way switch:
- Black Structured
- Black Unstructured
- Navy Meshback
- Navy Structured
- Navy Unstructured
- Olive Unstructured
- Red & White Frayed Meshback
- Stone with Black Trim (the 4-way version replaces the 2-way)
Stealth Power Caps are offered in these colors and styles. Colors might not match our photos exactly due to lighting variations and slight differences between production runs. The following descriptions will give you a better idea of what to expect.
Use the dropdown list above to choose which one you want. Unavailable colors will not appear in the list. To buy multiple colors, add the product to your shopping cart once for each color you want:
- black structured
- black unstructured This cap has the original 4-position switch. You can use just the low beams, just the high beams, or all four lights together.
- khaki structured
- khaki unstructured
- navy structured: Navy caps are darker than they look in our picture -- almost black.
- navy structured with mesh back Mesh back caps replace the four cotton back and side panels with nylon mesh for better air flow in hot weather. The usual Velcro closure in back has been replaced with a plastic button strip, making it your best choice for unusually large or small heads. This cap has the 4-position switch.
- navy unstructured. Navy caps are darker than they look in our picture -- almost black.
- olive unstructured. The real cap is a little bit darker than it looks in our picture.
- pink with white trim, unstructured An all-pink cap with a thin strip of white (or very light gray) along the edge of the bill.
- red frayed with white meshback. Yes, the edge of the bill really is supposed to look distressed! This cap has the 4-position switch. The two side panels and two back panels are white nylon mesh for warm-weather comfort. As Panther puts it, this cap "looks cool and feels cool."
- sandstone canvas structured. This cap sports a coarser canvas weave, rather than the smooth cotton twill that comprises our other caps. The color is a bit darker than our khaki caps and has a slightly yellow "sandy" cast. The old version was unstructured. This cap has the 4-way switch.
- stone gray unstructured. Stone gray is almost white. The trim and underside of the bill are black.
- high-visibility yellow with reflective gray trim (structured): Panther Vision recently renamed this color "lime green." It's the neon greenish-yellow color that construction workers often wear. The two front panels are stiffened cotton, like all structured caps. The two side panels are lightweight nylon mesh for breathability. The two rear panels are waterproof nylon. Choose this cap when being seen is as important as seeing in the dark
Click the Related Products tab above to see camouflage patterned caps, 2-LED caps sold by the dozen, runners' caps, solar-powered caps, and more.
In November 2012, the USPS relaxed its restrictions on shipping lithium "coin cell" batteries internationally to allow a limited number of batteries that are installed in products. We can't ship replacement batteries internationally, including to US military addresses (APO, FPO, DPO), because they are not installed in products. Some individual countries will not accept any packages containing batteries; we currently cannot ship any products containing batteries to Germany or Italy. Customers in those countries may still order our products, but we have to remove the batteries before shipping to you. Please consult this page to see your country's restrictions.
Every new Panther Vision lighted cap comes with batteries installed, and they'll last about 30 hours of continuous operation. Tick the box above to add one 4-pack of Panther Power CR2032 coin cell replacement batteries each time you add a cap to your shopping cart. (If you are ordering multiple colors and want batteries for all of your caps, check the box each time you add more caps to your cart). You can find CR2032s at any store that sells batteries, but our Panther Power packages are priced very competitively, and adding batteries to your order will not increase your shipping charge.
If you'd like to be done with batteries altogether, check out our solar-powered Powercaps on the Related Products tab above.
We are not allowed to ship replacement batteries outside of the US, including US military addresses (APO, FPO, DPO).
About Volume Pricing
Discounted prices apply to orders of identical lighted caps shipped to a single address. You may not mix and match colors or styles, or combine separate orders, to attain these discounts. We do not always have enough caps in every style to fulfill very large orders. Please use our Contact form to ask about availability if you need more caps in a particular style than we have on hand -- we can usually get as many as you need within a week or so. Volume price discounts may be discontinued at any time without notice.
Sometimes quantity matters more than quality. Do you need a lot of caps at rock-bottom prices? Panther Vision's classic 2-LED Caplight is available again by the dozen. Click here to see if it's the right choice for you.
Cleaning Your Power Cap
Remove the batteries and hand-wash in warm, soapy water (do not bleach). Don't immerse the bill or the head band in water. You can clean the surface of the bill with a damp cloth, but keep the electronics dry! Do not machine wash or dry clean. Line dry for at least 24 hours before replacing the batteries. Don't use the clothes dryer. Do not iron.
- Highest quality: We sell only genuine Power Caps, not the cheap imitations that you see in the promotional LED hat market.
- Low shipping costs: A single lighted hat is only about three bucks via First Class mail.* Other stores charge as much as $10 for shipping. Use the shipping estimator in your shopping cart to find the cost for shipping your total order.
- Reward Points: Create a free account when you check out to earn discounts toward future orders. Each cap earns $1.
- Fast order turnaround: All Panther Vision cap orders ship within 2 business days, and many ship the same day.
- Volume pricing saves you big money on larger orders, especially when combined with Reward Points.
- Know exactly what you're getting. Other stores only let you pick a color.
- Your purchase supports a real American "Mom & Pop" store where every sale counts -- we value your business because it puts food on our table.
- Experience: Panther caps have been our top-selling item since 2006 -- three design generations ago.
- Customer service. Need to contact us? You'll talk to an owner.
*First Class Parcel shipping is not offered through Google Checkout. That's Google's policy, not ours.
The Mayor's Choice
The Mayor says: I couldn't believe that Panther Vision was changing their caps again. The 3-LED version was pretty close to perfect. I still use my old 2-LED cap all the time for chores around the house. How could adding one more LED improve on that? Well, my Stealth Cap made me an instant believer the first time I used it to grill after dark. The low beams put the light exactly where I need it -- even though I wear bifocals -- without having to adjust the cap on my head. Best of all, the under-brim lights don't glare in your eyes.