|Sadly, your cart is empty|
- New Products
- Lighted Caps & Apparel
- Bird Kites
- Golf Balls, Etc.
- Earbuds & Audio
- Gadgets & Novelties
- Switchables Night Lights
- Other Night Lights
- Puzzles & Models
- Games & Toys
- Clocks & Watches
- Living Spaces
- Kitchen & Grill
- Garden & Outdoors
- Office & Workplace
- Sports & Travel
- After Hours
- Recycled & Eco-Friendly
- Holidays & Seasons
- The Mayor's Choice
- Giftwrap Choices
Panther Vision 4-LED Solar Cap
Something New Under the Sun
Remember to choose a color from the list above
You probably already knew that Panther Vision invented the lighted cap. They still define the standard for quality and innovation. All Powercaps use premium ultra-bright LEDs that produce 22 lumens of true white light without the bluish tinge that you see in the commodity-grade LEDs found in cheaper caps. The Solar Powercap's rugged, high-efficiency solar panel frees you from batteries. The built-in NiMH rechargeable storage battery charges fully in 8 hours of direct sunlight. It will last at least 500 recharge cycles. You'll get 10 hours of light from a single charge, and the storage battery won't deplete from disuse for 21 hours. If you forget to turn it off, a built-in battery saver turns the hat off after 15 minutes of inactivity.
The cap itself is made of lightweight, weather resistant microfiber (like our Runners Caps -- see the Related Products tab) with mesh accents for style. They all have the black Powercap logo on the front and the word "Powercap" in back. The LEDs are concealed under the brim, as is the sewn-in on/off switch. The solar cell on top of the brim will only be apparent to people who are tall enough to look down at it. Two 3mm wide-angle LEDs point down 25 degrees for close-up task lighting, and two 5mm narrow-angle LEDs point forward to throw light up to 59 feet (18 meters) away.
- 100% polyester microfiber construction
- One-piece Velcro strap adjusts to fit most adult heads (not designed for small children)
- Four LEDs rated for 100,000 hours of use put out 22 lumens
- Two 5mm narrow-angle LED spotlights for distance
- Two 3mm wide-angle LED floodlights for close range
- Panther's Powercap logo is stamped on the front in a black rubbery material and the word "Powercap" is sewn over the back vent. Solar caps are not available as "blanks".
- Hidden four-position switch is rated for 50,000 presses
- Click once for the floodlights
- Click again for the spotlights
- Click again for all four LEDs
- Click again to turn off
- Every cap comes with a limited lifetime warranty from Panther Vision. If your cap ever fails due to a defect in workmanship, return it to the manufacturer for replacement.
Choose the Solar Powercap if you normally go through a lot of batteries; if you spend a lot of time outdoors where the cap can recharge throughout the day to deliver light all night; if you're going to a remote area and you don't want to lug a lot of extra batteries along; or if you just plain love solar technology. Sure it costs twice as much as the standard Powercap, but you'll soon save enough money on replacement batteries to recoup the extra cost.
Please note that the switch can become unresponsive when the battery is nearly drained, or when the automatic shutoff kicks in. It will work fine again when the cap is recharged.
About the Colors
Solar Powercaps are offered in:
- Maroon - A deep wine red with slightly lighter mesh accents
- Olive - Dark green cap with slightly lighter mesh accents
- Slate Gray - This is a medium gray
- Tan - This color is a little lighter than our cotton Khaki caps, and provides the best contrast with the black logo.
Use the dropdown list above to choose which one you want. Unavailable colors will not appear in the list. To buy multiple colors, add the product to your shopping cart once for each color you want.
All colors have the Powercap logo stamped on the front in a black, rubber-like material, and the word "Powercap" stamped on the back. Sorry, but Solar Powercaps are not offered as plain "blanks."
About Volume Pricing
The discounts shown apply to orders of identical lighted caps shipped to a single address. You may not mix and match colors or combine separate orders to attain these discounts. We do not always have enough caps in every color to fill large orders. If you need more than we have, please use our Contact form to ask. We can usually get as many as you need within a week or so. In fact, if you order in dozens we can have your caps sent directly from the manufacturer to you. Volume price discounts may be changed or discontinued at any time without notice.
Cleaning Your Power Cap
Hand-wash in warm, soapy water (do not bleach). Don't immerse the bill or the head band in water. You can clean the surface of the bill with a damp cloth, but keep the electronics dry! Do not machine wash or dry clean. Line dry for at least 24 hours before turning on the lights. Don't use the clothes dryer. Do not iron.
Other Panther Vision Powercaps
Click the Related Products tab above for links to our whole Panther Vision lineup.
Why Buy Your Panther Vision Caps from Curio City?
- Highest quality: We sell only genuine Powercaps, not the cheap imitations that you see in the promotional LED hat market.
- Experience: Panther caps have been our top-selling item since 2006 -- three design generations ago.
- Low shipping costs: A single lighted hat is less than four bucks via First Class mail.* Other stores charge as much as $10 for shipping. Use the shipping estimator in your shopping cart to find the cost for shipping your total order.
- Reward Points: Create a free account when you check out to earn discounts toward future orders. Each solar cap earns $2 in Reward Points.
- Fast order turnaround: All Panther Vision cap orders ship within 2 business days, and many ship the same day.
- Volume pricing saves you big money on larger orders, especially when combined with Reward Points.
- Your purchase supports a real American "Mom & Pop" store where every sale counts.
- Customer service. Need to contact us? You'll talk to an owner.
*First Class Parcel shipping is not offered through Google Checkout. That's Google's policy, not ours.