|Sadly, your cart is empty|
- New Products
- Lighted Caps & Apparel
- Bird Kites
- Golf Balls, Etc.
- Earbuds & Audio
- Gadgets & Novelties
- Switchables Night Lights
- Other Night Lights
- Puzzles & Models
- Games & Toys
- Clocks & Watches
- Living Spaces
- Kitchen & Grill
- Garden & Outdoors
- Office & Workplace
- Sports & Travel
- After Hours
- Recycled & Eco-Friendly
- Holidays & Seasons
- The Mayor's Choice
- Giftwrap Choices
You like us! You really like us. Here's how we know:
- "Your outfit has the most responsive order follow up I’ve ever seen. With a personal touch too! Thanks, and keep up the good work." -D.C. of Florida, October 2011
- "Wow! I am impressed. My husband and I were just discussing how we were saddened by companies that don't feel they had to go the extra step. Thank you for going that extra step." -M.A.R. of Ohio, May 2011
- "Thanks! I was pleased to receive my order so promptly on Friday after placing it on Wednesday. The e-mails confirming the order and shipment were appreciated. I look forward to using the garden salad servers. I will be ordering from Curio City again." -S.M. of Wisconsin, March 2011
- "I'll be using your company whenever I need to purchase this type of item. Fantastic service!!" - E.A. of New Jersey, January 2011
- "Thank you very much. I appreciate your great customer service. I'm sure I'll be back to your site in the future - I love gadgets!!!" - P.B. of California, December 2010
- "You had the best information on these Panther caps with LED lights...better than the Panther website! Thank you!" - K.K. of Washington, March 2010
- "Thank you for responding again so quickly to my e-mail and helping me out. I will definitely be using you in the future. You're a good company. Never had such quick and accurate support from a company like yours before." -R.C. of New Jersey, February 2009
- "It was a pleasure doing business with you, even tho the gift for my grandson did not work out. I will be spreading your business name and great customer service near and far and will check out your gift selections again." -J.K. of Kansas, December 2008
- "Lightning service: order received in great shape. Thanks!" -A.M. of California, December 2008
- "It was such a kind thing for you to do -- to listen, to react, to acknowledge and to solve our complaint. I'll recommend your company and Web site to everyone. Good luck in business." -A.K. of New Jersey, January 2008
- "I wish I could buy more to show my appreciation, but I will certainly spread the word and will keep you in mind for the future.You deserve to be very successful and I hope you are." -G.R. of Florida, December 2007
- "This was my first transaction with Curio City, but it certainly won't be my last." -D.B. of England, June 2007
- "It arrived ... exactly as I expected. I was very satisfied. Thank you so much for your help." - R.B. of Oregon, March 2007
- "I have to say that you are the greatest company and representative that I have dealt with in a long time." - C.K. of Oregon, February 2007
- "You are the best! I will recommend Curio City to all my gadget-obsessed pals." - S.B. of Arizona, January 2007
- "Thank you so much for your excellent customer service. I am loving the clock." - M.A.R. of Massachusetts, December 2006
- "Fabulous service! Wow, my husband was even impressed and he is NEVER impressed easily! I will visit your Website again for sure!" - K.S. of California, December 2006
- "Curio City gets big points" - S.T. of Colorado, December 2006
- "Thanks so much for your great info and search" - H.F. of Nebraska, December 2006
- "You have created not just a loyal future customer but also a Curio City evangelist" - C.H. of California, November 2006
The History of Curio City
The Mayor of Curio City hates to shop. Yet, like everyone else, he constantly has to buy gifts for birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, retirements, weddings, and, of course, the winter holidays -- it's always something. The Internet has made shopping a lot easier than it used to be. But it's still frustrating to spend time plowing through junk merchandise, trying to interpret deceptive marketing text and doctored photographs, hoping that you're getting a decent deal from a reputable company.
One summer day in 2005, the Mayor wished that there was one Web site where he could always expect to find something interesting, useful, fun, and unusual for all of the varied people on his gift list. A site where the products are of reliable quality and good value. A site that would giftwrap things for a reasonable price, and send his presents right to the recipients. A site for people who hate to shop. A site where he could appoint himself Mayor. Sensing that there must be millions of other reluctant shoppers with the same desires, he started planning his solution: Curio City. We opened in November 2005 and have been growing steadily ever since.
About Our Merchandise
You never know what you're going to find at Curio City. We select our products with a wide variety of people in mind. The common theme that underlies our assortment is simply that everything we sell is unusual, fun, interesting, useful, and of good value. We try not to carry anything that anybody would ever regret buying. Everything you see here met one or more of those tests.
About The Mayor's Choice
The Mayor's Choice designation means that Curio City's proprietor uses the product himself, or it was recommended by a trusted friend or relative. The Mayor's Choice award is a personal endorsement, and is not for sale.
What We Believe
Curio City Online is a little Mom & Pop company that's carving out a niche among some strong competitors in an unforgiving economy. The testimonials at the top of this page show that we are on the right track.
We believe that profits will take care of themselves if we run our business ethically and treat our customers with dignity. We're trying to make an honest living through hard work, not to get rich or take over the world. We never intend to deceive anyone about any of our products. We try to reuse all of the shipping materials that come into our warehouse, and recycle whatever we can't use -- Curio City generates very little waste. We pack your order with as little material as necessary to get it to you safely. We like to offer recycled and eco-friendly products when those fit with our overall direction.
Selling to Curio City
Finding products that meet the criteria explained above is a constant challenge. If you make or sell something that you think is a good fit with Curio City's product mix, we want to know about it. See the Contact page to learn how to get in touch. If you're a small producer or artisan who's just thinking about selling online, we can send you a document explaining how to get started.
Where Is Curio City?
Curio City Online is an Internet-only retailer. Our offices and warehouse are in Braintree, Massachusetts, which is just south of Boston. Our mailing address is:
Curio City Online
300 Grove Street
Braintree, MA 02184
Contacting Curio City Online
The form on our Contact page is the quickest, most sure-fire way to get in touch with Curio City's staff (as long as you type your email address correctly, that is). We endeavor to answer all messages within 24 hours. If you don't get an email reply from us promptly, check your service provider's Bulk Mail or Junk Mail folder.
Our telephone number is 781-635-8743. Although we maintain office hours between 11 am and 4 pm in the Eastern US time zone, we're too small a company to keep our phone staffed continuously, and that's why we don't put our phone number front and center. Leave a voice mail message and we'll call you back. Eventually. If you need a timely response, use email or the contact form.
We got rid of the FAX machine when we canceled our land line phone.
Curio City is a registered service mark of Kraken Enterprises, Inc.